viperfx07 is here to blog about hacking, cracking, website, application, android, and many more.

Friday, January 8, 2010

[Tutorial] Installing Windows 7 on Macbook 13" Late 2009 without using Boot Camp

3:07 PM Posted by viperfx07 , , , No comments
Tutorials Index
1. Installing Windows 7 using Boot Camp (OS X 10.6 & Macbook 13" Late 2009 Unibody). This only installs 2 partitions which are Mac and Windows partition respectively.

2. Installing Windows 7 without using Boot Camp (OS X 10.6 & Macbook 13" Late 2009 Unibody). This doesn't mean not to use Boot Camp at all. We still need to install Boot Camp for drivers in Windows. This tutorial will explain how to make 2 Windows partitions using Disk Utility in Mac OS X 10.6.

3. Installing Wireless (WiFi) Driver in Windows 7 on Macbook 13" Late 2009 Unibody

4. Fixing slow booting in Windows 7 on Macbook 13" Late 2009 Unibody

5. Fixing the internal mic Macbook 13" Late 2009 on Windows 7

After I installed Windows 7 using Boot Camp, I planned to make a data partition from Boot Camp partition to save all my videos, musics, etc in case I want to format my Win7 partition. I then searched on the Internet and most of the articles said that I need to backup my Win7 partition first before I can modify that partition. After several thoughts, I decided to restore my Mac partition and start again.

I got an idea to make a MS-DOS FAT32 partition between Mac partition and Boot Camp partition. But I got this error: The startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition. The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Asisstant for installing Windows



I decided to do the following steps:

1. Resized my Mac partition and add 2 more MS-DOS FAT partitions with Disk Utility.
2. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD and reboot.
3. Format the MS-DOS FAT partitions and then Install the Windows in the second partition.
4. The rest steps are same with the steps from my previous tutorial ([Tutorial] Installing Windows 7 on Macbook 13" Late 2009 using Boot Camp)

0 comments:

Post a Comment